Welcome

'Hope will never be silent' - Harvey Milk

A couple of years ago I was given a book containing true love stories from everyday people. The more I read and as much as I loved the idea of this book, it quickly became apparent to me that the vast majority of the love stories contained in this book were between heterosexual partners. As a member of the LGBTQIA community, this saddened me.



I created this blog as a space for other members of the LGBTQIA community to post and share their stories of love. These stories are just as valid and important and have every right to be shared and viewed. Although progress is being made in the realm of LGTBQI rights, there is still a long way to go. In order to reduce the negative stigma associated with the LGTBQIA community, exposure is a must!



Despite the progress towards equality in recent years, there is still much hate and discrimination present in the world. I thought that it would be nice for people to see that despite unequal treatment that is still so common in American society, happiness is indeed possible.




Caveat: This blog was not created to "fight the man" and force equality in American society; rather these stories have been posted to give people hope that love in the LGTBQIA is right and okay. Furthermore, this blog was created to honor the stories of everyday people who are often ignored and remind people that love is the same, no matter the couple.


#loveoutloud





** If you have a story that you'd like to share, please email me at: miatfurtado@gmail.com































Sunday, April 10, 2011

One evening my friend Alison and I went out dancing. It was a night of little excitement. Alison at one point said, "I am so tried of no one wanting me!" I replied, "Look at the women here. Do you want any of these women to really want you?!" At that, Alison went to the bathroom and I scanned the dance floor. There was someone new I hadn't noticed before. He dance style was unique but she really wasn't my type. As I continued to wait for Alison, I moved over to the DJ booth. That's when she walked up, the dancer, and casually leaned against the DJ booth. "Want to dance?" she asked. I really wasn't interested but I wanted to be polite so I said, "Sure".

Once on the dance floor, as she slid into my arms, the sparks flew. I couldn't let her go. Our bodies moved so naturally with each other-there was no longer anyone else in the room. Our faces pressed against each other, sweat dripped between us and we couldn't let each other go. We finally came up for air, so much tension between us-my butterflies were swarming everytime her hand brushed mine. Unfortunately I had to leave (Alison was angry that once again she was alone). We exchanged names, her name was Kelly, and numbers.

I was unable to sleep that night. I was too worked up and couldn't stop thinking about the possibilities with Kelly.

The next morning as I was out with a friend, I received a text from Kelly. She thanked me for the nice night and asked when we could see each other again. My smile was gigantic. It pretty much fell off my face. We made plans for the next night at her place. That next night was the start of something amazing. We had tea, she made me soup and our conversations were nonstop. We ended up in her bedroom sitting on the floor talking about Budhism. I reached over to brush her hair out of her face and she leaned in, our lips met with such passion. It was almost an explosion in which we both needed to hold on and not let go of each other. After things settled down we both expressed how natural it felt to be with each other.

After that night we were together everyday. With everyday, we became closer. I felt comfortable telling her all my deepest thoughts and feelings. She became my best friend. One day as we were eating lunch wee got on the subject of kids. It was a nonserious conversation but I enjoyed getting to know her perspectivce. A few nights later as we were drifting off to sleep, she put her arms across my chest and nuzzled, and my next whispering was-"it makes me happy to think about having kids with you."

Unlike other women I have been with, Kelly always kept my attention. I never lost that butterfly feeling. The smallest touch, the briefest scent of her had me excited and longing for more.

Lenny

No comments:

Post a Comment